Friday 20 February 2009

"I jom this parking aredi what!"


We were like driving around Amernian Street in circles, patiently looking for a parking lot. At last, just right in front us, a car reversed out and I said to my family, “It must be our lucky d….”


Then out from nowhere sprung right in front of my car , 3 kids, a middle aged man and his mother (I assume) and they stood right in the middle of the empty parking lot and waved to signal that they were there first.


I was rather amazed than shock, so I asked him what he was doing, he answered, ” I jom this parking aredi what! My car coming “.


Sensing that he was not a Penangite, I spoke to him in Cantonese politely. “Are you from Penang?”. He shouted back, ” Outstation people can park here too what !”


Now, that kind of remarks really bothered me alot, especially the last word “what!”. So, I shouted back angrily ”Parking lots are for cars, not for parking humans and my car was here first. Move away!”


Sensing that I was no push over, he politely said that he was from Kedah and he wanted to bring his family to the Campbell Street celebration. I told him that I would gladly let him park his car if he was a little bit courteous earlier.


So, never never use this “I jom this parking aredi what” and think that you can get away without a scolding….or a broken windscreen….


I wonder if you have come across such incident at Pearl Garden’s service road..

No comments:

Post a Comment